Registration and Cancellation Policies
- Registrations are taken on a first come first serve basis. Campers registering for a week that is already full may be placed on a wait-list.
- Registration is open from January 31st until programs fill. Spaces may go quickly. Contact Griet for availability at 919-489-9045, ext. 110 or griet(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)mchdurham.org
- Families may register at any time up until the week of camp, space permitting; after April 1st, there is a registration fee of $25.
Fees and Payment Schedule
- Payment in full and a complete Emergency Information form is required BEFORE your child can attend camp. Payment may be made online during the registration process via credit card.
- Families may pay in two installments: 50% of the total fees at time of registration, and the remaining balance on or before May 1st. If payment is not complete by May 1st, you may forfeit your child’s space.
- The balance of fees is due on or before May 1st.
Late Registration & Waiting List
- There is a $25 registration fee per family for enrollment after April 1st.
- Payment in full is due at the time of registration for registrations after May 1st.
- If you have registered for a summer camp week that is full, we will contact you to see if you would like another week, or to be placed on a waiting list for your first choice.
- We will not process your payment until your child is enrolled in a program.
- Call or email the Summer Programs office at 919.489.9045, ext. 110 or Griet(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)mchdurham.org for availability. Family plans often change, so don’t hesitate to contact us!
- There is a $25 cancellation fee for each cancellation.
- Prior to May 1st, if you decide to cancel, we will refund your money, minus the cancellation fee.
- After May 1st, refunds are issued only if we can fill your child’s space. This includes cancellation due to illness.
- Cancellations must be in writing: email (griet(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)mchdurham.org) or letter (send to MCHD Summer Camp, 2800 Pickett Road, Durham, NC 27705). No phone calls please.
- If a week you have signed up for is full and the wait-list does not open, or we cannot offer a program due to low enrollment, a full refund will be given for that week.
Change of Schedule and Drop-In Procedure & Fees
- If you need to add the Extended Hours Summer Camp option for the whole week, you may do so at any time prior to the enrolled week, space permitting.
- If you need to change which week your child will be attending camp, you may do so, space permitting, for an additional $10 fee.
- On weeks when your child is signed up for camp, he or she may Drop- In during our Extended Hours (3 – 5:30 pm), space permitting, on a day-to-day basis, with at least one hour advance notice, for $12/hour. Requests to Drop-In from 12-3pm require 24 hour notice and will be charged a flat rate of $36.
Late Pick Up Policy
- If you are late picking up your child, your child will be placed into Extended Hours care, space permitting, for $15/hour, with a one-hour minimum charge.
- If you are late picking up your child enrolled for a 5:30pm pick-up, you or your Emergency contacts will be notified to pick up your child and you will be charged as follows:
First Time: $5.00 per each 5 minutes late per child
Second Time: $10 per each 5 minutes late per child
Third and Subsequent Times: $15 per each 5 minutes late per child